REPORTS TO: Senior Vice President, Operations
Since 1997, TGI has empowered sports rights holders to maximize the value of their commercial rights by enabling brands to meaningfully connect with their target audience. From simple to complex, our diversified portfolio of products coupled with best-in-class event operations allows TGI to offer customized solutions to meet each client’s unique needs.
TGI has been a pioneer in the sports industry, continuously evolving and setting the benchmark in event branding, perimeter advertising and other technology solutions for the world’s premier sports organizations. Having recently introduced a new form of virtual advertising, TGI is searching for the right talent to help deliver this innovative technology to the market.
The Senior Director, Operations, reporting to the Senior Vice President, Operations, will play a key role in the overall operations of TGI’s operations and the launch of Parallel Ads® perimeter advertising across the US. The Senior Director is responsible for procuring and managing a network of vendor partners as well as organizing the complex logistics concept for projects across the US. The successful candidate will have an exemplary attention to detail as well as superior organizational skills.
- Optimize logistics concepts and implementation for various events with the TGI LED systems/additional hardware, to maximize efficiency and minimize costs – including hardware movements and special venue requirements as it relates to existing infrastructure (power/cables, etc.)
- Recruit and train additional onsite operations staff to ensure scalable operations across the company by championing established standard operating procedures, documentation and manuals
- Develop cost proposal(s) and shares TGI Ops Calculator with Commercial team for final submission to client
- Determine obstacles and develop effective solutions that ensure client expectations and budgets are met
- Organize the staff logistics (including travel booking) for internal and external project staff
- Submit and process vendor partner payments as needed
- Procure, negotiate contracts, manage and organize third party supplier relationships required to deliver services
- Provide onsite operations support and conduct site surveys to the highest of industry standards as needed
- Manage external staff scheduling via company’s internal database system (ERP), and make proposals to SVP, Operations for Matchday Assignments
- Maintain detailed overview of hardware inventory on company’s internal database system (ERP).
- Work closely with Senior Director, Tech Ops to identify availability and utilization of hardware inventory for various events
- Review and edit internal reporting documentation and content with project management and creative departments to ensure all necessary information is compiled accurately
- Review and prepare inventory preparation and delivery schedules with Senior Director - Tech Ops to ensure that prepared inventory delivery fits within event schedule timelines
- Supervise onsite PA Managers’ progress with match preparation and matchday reporting
- Ensure excellent customer service and event delivery to the highest of industry standards
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience in international logistics for large-scale events in the Sports and Entertainment Industry, ideally with LED Perimeter Signage (A positive if the experience is in a new subsidiary or a rapid-growth environment)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present & influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical/problem-solving skills, solutions minded and proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to multi-task, remain agile and work efficiently within a fluctuating and fast-paced work environment
- Exemplary attention to detail as well as superior organizational skills
- Previous experience with LED and/or virtual advertising, preferred
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint (or Apple Keynote). Experience with Oracle NetSuite, or similar ERP system is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English). Knowledge of Spanish language, a plus
- Well versed in negotiating supplier contracts and managing multiple stakeholders simultaneously
- Team player with a proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects and personnel
- Service- minded individual with the ability to swiftly make scheduling or other operational adjustments as needed
The Director of LED Operations will split time between the TGI main office in Chicago, IL and TGI Warehouse located in Bridgeview, IL. In addition to Monday-Friday work hours, there will be times when you will be required to work some weekends and evenings according to the event calendar. Personal time-off should be planned around heavy periods of event activity and pre-approved by direct supervisor. Frequent overnight travel (about two weeks per month) to offsite client and event locations is required. Travel up to 50% of time.
Must be able to perform job duties with or without reasonable accommodation. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Candidates should submit their CV along with a cover letter explaining how their experience and skillset will enable them to deliver the key tasks and responsibilities of the role. Please submit to: HR@worldwidetgi.com.
Applicants who are not invited for interviews within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. All applicant information will be kept on file for 12 months.